Special Provisions for American Indians and Alaska Natives:
- You can enroll in a health insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace any month and are not limited by the general enrollment period.
- You may be eligible for special Medicaid and CHIP allowances.
- If your income is below an established level, you won’t have to pay cost-sharing expenses like copays.
- If you receive services through the IHS or other tribal health program and have health insurance, you won’t pay cost-sharing expenses.
- Depending on your income and family size, you may be eligible for lower premium costs.
By accessing the new Health Care Marketplace, you and your family are accessing an affordable source of quality health insurance, which will deliver more options to meet your health care needs.